Ciottone’s Disaster Medicine, 2e
Add to favorites
The most comprehensive resource of its kind, Ciottone’s Disaster Medicine, 2nd Edition, thoroughly covers isolated domestic events as well as global disasters and humanitarian crises. Dr. Gregory Ciottone and more than 200 worldwide authorities share their knowledge and expertise on the preparation, assessment, and management of both natural and man-made disasters, including terrorist attacks and the threat of biological warfare. Part 1 offers an A-to-Z resource for every aspect of disaster medicine and management, while Part 2 features an exhaustive compilation of every conceivable disaster event, organized to facilitate quick reference in a real-time setting.
- Quickly grasp key concepts,
including identification of risks, organizational preparedness, equipment planning, disaster education and training, and more advanced concepts such as disaster risk reduction, tactical EMS, hazard vulnerability analysis, impact of disaster on children, and more.
- Understand the chemical and biologic weapons known to exist today,
as well as how to best manage possible future events and scenarios for which there is no precedent.
- Be prepared for man-made disasters
with new sections that include
Topics Unique to Terrorist Events and High-Threat Disaster Response
(covering tactical and military medicine).
- Get a concise overview of lessons learned by the responders
to recent disasters such as the earthquake in Haiti, Hurricane Sandy, the 2014 Ebola outbreak, and active shooter events like Sandy Hook, CT and Aurora, CO.
- Learn about the latest technologies
such as the use of social media in disaster response and mobile disaster applications.
- Ensure that everyone on your team is up-to-date with timely topics
, thanks to new chapters on disaster nursing, crisis leadership, medical simulation in disaster preparedness, disaster and climate change, and the role of non-governmental agencies (NGOs) in disaster response – a critical topic for those responding to humanitarian needs overseas.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase.
This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
Book reviewed by admin
OUR RATING CRITERIA
- 1 - Not recommended for reading.
- 2 - Somewhat engaging, book is just OK.
- 3 - Pretty engaging, good book.
- 4 - Engaging, very good book.
- 5 - Really engaging, excellent book.
Title: Ciottone’s Disaster Medicine, 2e
Length: 1072 Pages
Publication Date: 2015-09-11
- File Host
- Download Link
- Upload Date