Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 3e
By: Etienne Côté
Add to favorites
No other quick reference comes close to Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats at providing you with the information you need, when you need it! Like getting six books in one, this third edition is completely updated and features dozens of all-new chapters to keep you ahead of the latest topics. Plus, you get free online access to a fully searchable version of the book, including all of the images, bonus chapters, dozens of clinical video clips, a drug formulary, and 150 client education sheets in both English and Spanish. With this amazing print and online duo, you can keep the book at the office and access the online content on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop any time, any place – all for one low price!
offers invaluable content, such as diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and drug formulary.
- Consistent, easy-reference format of Section I: Diseases and Disorders
features more than 800 topics arranged from A-Z for quick retrieval of pertinent information.
- Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 118 important clinical procedures.
- Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 286 different clinical disorders.
- Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting more than 168 lab tests.
- Section V: Clinical Algorithms delivers 91 diagnostic and treatment algorithms, or roadmaps, that help guide students through the steps of clinical assessment and treatment planning.
- NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary offers dosages and other relevant information for more than 500 medications, including dozens of new medications to keep students apprised of the latest remedies available.
cover more than 800 diseases and disorders that are especially relevant to the tech’s daily experience in the clinic.
- Hundreds of expert international contributing authors ensure the information is the most accurate and up-to-date.
- 150 client education handouts are included online and available in English or Spanish.
- Consistent, easy-reference format of Section I: Diseases and Disorders features topics arranged from A-Z for quick retrieval of pertinent information.
- NEW! Dozens of all-new chapters
keep you up to date on the latest topics, including:
- methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infections
- exercise-induced collapse of Labrador retrievers
- lymphoma rescue therapy
- acute coccygeal myopathy
- delayed postoperative hemorrhage in greyhounds
- phalangeal disorders
- benzodiazepine toxicosis
- carpal flexural deformity of puppies and kittens
- portal vein thrombosis
- fibrotic myopathy of the caudal thigh muscles
- iron toxicosis
- FAST/TFAST ultrasound exams
- urethral stent placement
has been added to diseases and disorders chapters to help you select appropriate tests and treatments for each patient.
- NEW! 148 bonus online-only chapters on less common topics or topics already covered in detail in other chapters provide additional information that’s available around the clock.
- NEW! 56 two-column tables in the popular Differential Diagnosis section includes the differential diagnosis list on one side and distinguishing characteristics and other ways of working through the differential on the other.
- NEW! Dozens of real-life video clips demonstrate important findings that static images cannot convey, such as characteristic lamenesses and ultrasound findings.
- NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary includes dozens of new medications to keep you apprised of available remedies.
- NEW! Enhanced electronic image collection offers accurate depictions of procedures and clarification of complex concepts, particularly ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
- NEW! Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all pertinent information through the linking of one chapter to another at junctures where they may be most useful.
Book reviewed by admin
OUR RATING CRITERIA
- 1 - Not recommended for reading.
- 2 - Somewhat engaging, book is just OK.
- 3 - Pretty engaging, good book.
- 4 - Engaging, very good book.
- 5 - Really engaging, excellent book.
Title: Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 3e
Author: Etienne Côté
Length: 1680 Pages
Publication Date: 2014-12-23
- File Host
- Download Link
- Upload Date