Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 5th Edition
By: Linda Anne Silvestri
Add to favorites
There is a reason Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination has been called “the best NCLEX exam review book ever.” You’ll find everything you need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover – complete content review and over 4,500 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and on the free companion CD!
Don’t make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Silvestri’s Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today’s NCLEX exam. And, what’s even better is that ALL answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies that provide tips for how to best approach each question. It’s easy to see why Silvestri is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it – read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why Silvestri users believe that there’s nothing else like it!
- Each question includes the correct answer, a complete rationale for all responses, and a test-taking strategy to help you develop techniques for locating the correct response.
- Each question includes a page reference to an Elsevier textbook to allow for further research and study.
- All alternate item-format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, and audio questions to prepare you for the wide variety of question types on the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Organization by nursing content area provides a logical, effective review to use throughout your nursing program.
- Pyramid Terms define key terms at the beginning of each major unit or chapter.
- Pyramid Points within each chapter highlight content that is important in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of major units or chapters and specific content related to the latest NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter to reflect this priority content on the NCLEX exam.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam, test-taking strategies, the NCLEX-RN exam from a student’s perspective, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions that cover all content areas in the book and mirror the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- A companion CD allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, category of client need, or alternate item-format type.
- Completely updated content is based on the new NCLEX-RN examination test plan, effective April 2010.
- A total of 4,500 questions ensure that you’re thoroughly prepared for the content covered on the NCLEX-RN Exam.
- New chapter on physical assessment highlights the key components of physical examination and health history often encountered on the NCLEX exam.
- Audio and video questions on the companion CD provide experience with these new types of questions before the exam.
- Unique! Audio review summaries included on the CD cover the three core areas of pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance.
- Expanded coverage of prioritization, delegation, and nursing leadership and management provides critical information for these growing areas of nursing.
- Unique! Priority Nursing Actions boxes outline and explain clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including detailed rationales and textbook references to help strengthen your prioritizing skills in clinical and testing situations.
- Pyramid Alert boxes highlight important nursing concepts to help you focus on the content that is most frequently tested on the NCLEX examination.
- Automatic software updates on CD make it easy to check for changes and updates throughout the life of the edition.
Book reviewed by admin
OUR RATING CRITERIA
- 1 - Not recommended for reading.
- 2 - Somewhat engaging, book is just OK.
- 3 - Pretty engaging, good book.
- 4 - Engaging, very good book.
- 5 - Really engaging, excellent book.
Title: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 5th Edition
Author: Linda Anne Silvestri
Length: 1184 Pages
Publication Date: 2010-10-26
- File Host
- Download Link
- Upload Date